Perinatal mental health
Our courses have at their core a desire to ensure that women meet skilled, confident professionals across the perinatal mental health care pathway
Our perinatal courses have at their core a desire to ensure that women meet professionals across the whole perinatal mental health care pathway who have the skills, competencies and expertise to identify, refer, assess, treat and manage their conditions as effectively as possible.
Our perinatal continuing professional development courses will help you to develop your skills, knowledge and abilities in these areas. They have been developed in collaboration with the London perinatal mental health network.
In addition to accessing Tavistock expertise, the delivery of the training courses draws on contemporary specialist perinatal mental health practitioners working as visiting lecturers in collaboration with the Tavistock and Portman.
Our perinatal training
Our training has been designed to:
- upskill the specialist perinatal mental health workforce
- support the expansion of perinatal mental health community and inpatient services
- support ongoing work to standardise competencies in perinatal mental health practice
- promote the development of professional skills
- reduce variation in service delivery
- enhance the provision of perinatal mental healthcare
- improve recruitment and retention of the perinatal mental health workforce.
Join our mailing list
Are you interested in continuing your professional development in the perinatal specialism?
Be the first to hear of our upcoming perinatal courses by signing up to our dedicated perinatal mailing list.
Continuing professional development
Our short courses in this area will develop your capacity for skillful intervention, give you a deeper understanding of the complex difficulties children and families experience and build up your ability for critical reflection and resilience.
We are able to tailor our training to your individual needs and deliver bespoke training within your local areas. This could either be for a team or for a region and can be for variable numbers of participants.
If you would be interested in bespoke training please contact us.