Develop your research skills, engage with and learn from our research community in our annual research week
Research week runs annually in collaboration with the University of Essex. The aim of the week is to create a community for our researchers, developing links across doctoral research programmes and the wider research community at The Tavistock and Portman. The week includes our doctoral conference which brings together staff and students from the Tavistock and Portman and University of Essex.
All who are interested in research at The Tavistock and Portman are welcome to attend. The week is especially useful for doctoral research students as it offers the opportunity to develop key research skills and the doctoral conference offers a platform for some students to present their work.
Research Week 2023 will took place between Monday 27 to Thursday 30 March.
Research Week 2023 programme
Monday 27 March
- Introduction to data analysis software, 10 to 11am
- Advanced literature search, 11.15am to 12.15pm
- Research ethics workshop, 2 to 4.30pm
Tuesday 28 March
- Planning and writing your thesis, 10am to 11am
- Preparing for your viva, 2 to 3pm
Wednesday 29 March
- Doctoral Conference: Crossing boundaries: coming together across disciplines 10am to 3.30pm
Thursday 30 March
- Writing for publication, 9.30 to 11am
- Decolonising research methodology, 11.30am to 1pm
- Counter-transference? 3 to 4.15pm