Use our form to request materials from other libraries
If we don’t have an item you need, we can try to get it from a different library. You can use the form at the bottom of this page to make a request. If you have any questions, contact the library. Here is an outline of the process:
- you can order individual online articles and book chapters, subject to availability
- book loans from the British Library are currently unavailable
- a charge of £8 may be payable for some items – we’ll let you know once we’ve checked with our suppliers
- please give as much accurate publication information as possible
- you’ll need to download your item within 30 days. You’ll be able to print it once and the PDF will be available for on-screen viewing for three years
- use the form at the bottom of this page to orderup to five items
- if you need to pay for items you’ve already received, please use our inter-library loan payment page
- For some items, it might be essential that you register for an online account with the British Library On Demand service to be able to access the document or receive a loan item. Although this account will also allow you to order directly from the British Library, it will be cheaper if you order through us as we subsidise the cost. Register with the British Library.
- Some items will need you to have Adobe Acrobat Reader Digital Editions installed on your device. Free download of Adobe Digital Editions.
- Please test whether British Library On Demand documents will open on your device. Download a single-page test PDF.