Facilitating reflective practice groups training (CPD83)
Develop your facilitation and group work skills under our expert guidance
Reflective practice groups provide a valuable and focussed space for staff members to reflect, observe, process and learn in relation to their experiences at work. They can provide a supportive and developmental space for people to explore and understand their interactions, clinical decision making, team dynamics and the emotional impact of work, amongst other things.
Facilitating reflective practice groups requires a variety of skills, knowledge and understanding in order to provide a safe, constructive and reflective space. The need for reflective spaces is increasingly recognised in relation to issues of wellbeing, retention and safety.
This short course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills required to establish and facilitate reflective practice groups in order to enhance health professionals’ reflective capabilities, learning and development.
Aims and learning objectives
The programme will provide you with:
- a deeper understanding of the role of reflective practice within work
- an overview of the underpinning principles, key models and frameworks for reflective practice
- an opportunity to explore and clarify the role of the facilitator
- opportunities to refresh core listening and questioning skills
- opportunities to develop, review and refine facilitation skills through practice
- an understanding of group dynamics in practice
- increased awareness of issues of equality, discrimination and inclusion within group work
- a safe space to explore challenging situations and responses
- space to discuss establishing and managing reflective practice groups in practice areas
Who is this course for?
This programme would benefit:
- those who already facilitate a form of reflective practice for health care professionals but have not had specialist training or would like to refresh their skills
- those who would like to establish and facilitate reflective practice groups and would like to develop the skills and knowledge to begin the process
Prior experience is not required and presentation sessions will allow group members to bring an aspect of their work (planning, interactions, reviews) to discuss and reflect on within the group.
The course will provide you with an introduction to the need for reflective practice within health and social care settings, identifying the benefits to clinical care provision and practitioners’ wellbeing.
The course aims to provide a series of interactive sessions that will enable you to refresh and develop your skills in facilitating reflective practice groups, identifying the benefits to clinical care provision and practitioners’ wellbeing and developing your understanding of the aims and use of different models.
The training will be delivered by experienced facilitators through a combination of presentations, discussion, reflective practice groups and small group work, enabling you to have an experience of both facilitating and being a member of a group.
FULLY BOOKED. Please register your interest to be the first to hear when future cohorts are available.
There will be six half-day sessions on the following dates:
|Sessions||Date||Start time||End time|
|Session 1/6||Tuesday 10 January 2023||9am||12.30pm|
|Session 2/6||Tuesday 17 January 2023||9am||12.30pm|
|Session 3/6||Tuesday 24 January 2023||9am||12.30pm|
|Session 4/6||Tuesday 31 January 2023||9am||12.30pm|
|Session 5/6||Tuesday 7 February 2023||9am||12.30pm|
|Session 6/6||Tuesday 14 February 2023||9am||12.30pm|
This course will be delivered remotely using Zoom.
You will need a device with a microphone and camera together with a suitably fast internet connection. Although mobile devices and tablets can be used, we recommend the use of a laptop or desktop PC for the best experience. Some devices provided by employers may have restrictions in place. Please use this Zoom test link to check your set up before booking.
You will be sent the necessary login link about a week before the course start date. Should you have any concerns about the accessibility of remote delivery please contact us to discuss how we can best help you.
Our training is provided by senior clinician-trainers with extensive experience of facilitating groups and developing and facilitating training in this area.
Register your interest
Bookings are now closed. Register your interest to join our waiting list and be the first to hear when this course reopens.