Exploring the complex realities of inter-agency working: a Group Relations Conference, Spring 2023
28 – 31 March 2023
This is an applied four-day group relations conference to explore the complexity of caring for the emotional and psychological well-being of adults, young people, children and their families within multi-disciplinary and inter-agency contexts.
Dates and times
- Tuesday 28 March: 9.15am to 5.30pm
- Wednesday 29 March: 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Thursday 30 March: 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Friday 31 March: 9.30am to 5.00pm
This conference will take place in person at the Tavistock Centre. To maximize the conference learning for you and other attendees, we ask all members to commit to attending the whole of all four days.
- Director: Carolyn Walker
- Associate Director: Patrick Mandikate
- Conference Administrator: Maisam Datoo
At the Tavistock Centre, 120 Belsize Ln, London NW3 5BA
Who is this conference for and why attend?
This conference is for anyone who works directly with adults, young people, children and families, or who manages or supervises this work.
Group relations conferences offer an opportunity for experiential learning through participating in, and reflecting on, the various group events that take place each day.
Learning is not prescribed but can include a clearer understanding of:
- the conscious and unconscious processes that influence how we behave in a range of group and organisational settings
- different ways of taking up leadership and followership roles and of exercising authority
- the impact of diversity, hierarchy and power structures on individual responses and group behaviour
- how the dynamics of differing professional practices impact on authority and the interplay of this with individually held stereotypes, assumptions and beliefs
- the tensions involved in working with clients across multiple agencies; what facilitates collaboration and the forces that may work against it
- what can help and what can get in the way of being able to effectively take up our roles within our work settings
- External Applicant: £670
- Internal Applicant: £530
Closing date for applications: Friday 17 March 2023