The resilient workplace (DAA004)
Develop individual and organisational resilience
This five-hour online course explores how individual and organisational resilience can be understood and developed, in order to support workplace wellbeing and facilitate more effective teamwork – particularly in times of stress or change.
Combining key theoretical ideas with practical examples and guidance, the course can be started at any time and provides a clear and accessible framework for understanding organisational mental health. You’ll be supported to develop your own capacity for reflection and resilience and receive practical guidance on challenging group dynamics.
This course is part of our Working towards wellbeing series, developed under the expert guidance of organisational consultants in the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, to promote mental health and wellbeing in the workplace.
Drawing on the key principles of systems-psychodynamic thinking, each mini course delivers rich and in-depth learning experiences, with a clear, practical focus on the most pressing challenges and development needs facing organisations today.
Aims and learning objectives
This online course will allow you to:
- understand what resilience means – not just for individuals, but also for teams and organisations
- recognise and develop your own capacity for resilience, and learn how to support the development of resilience within your team
- examine barriers to organisational resilience – with reference to three key theoretical perspectives and a ‘whole-system’ approach
- observe your contribution to team dynamics and understand how these can impact on your own and others’ wellbeing
- recognise what happens when relationships ‘go wrong’, including how to understand bullying in the workplace
You will learn by:
- exploring key concepts through interactive lecture content and videos
- deepening your understanding via regular opportunities for reflection
- applying the theory to real life via a scenario-based ‘checklist’ activity
- recording your progress against clear learning objectives
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for anyone interested in developing a healthier, more resilient workplace.
You may have management responsibilities, a role in human resources or organisational development, or a particular focus on mental health and wellbeing – or you may just be interested in learning more about this area.
This interactive course runs continuously, so you can sign up at any time. It offers five hours of self-directed online learning which you can undertake at a time, pace and location that suits you.
You will have access to the course and its materials for one year. Access begins the day after you’ve booked, when you will receive your account details by email.
This mini course is also available as part of the Working towards wellbeing course bundle, a convenient option that offers one year’s access to four complementary courses.
Please note that this course was created during the COVID-19 pandemic, and in some areas focus on those events. However, the theory and guidance are still relevant and applicable, providing examples of ways in which individuals can be creative when helping to develop resilience in adverse or uncertain times.
This course will cover the following areas:
- resilience – definitions, levels and capacities
- resilience for individuals, teams and organisations
- way to develop resilience
- understanding organisations – a ‘whole-system’ approach
obstructions to developing organisational resilience
- understanding groups in relation to psychoanalytic concepts
- understanding groups through a systems psychodynamic lens
- observing yourself and your impact
- resilience and reflection
There are no specific requirements for the course; it is open to all and assumes no prior knowledge of the area.
Upon completion of the course, you can download a Tavistock and Portman Digital Academy course CPD certificate to evidence your learning.
Workforce Wellbeing and Clinical Lead
Book your place today
Our Digital Academy mini courses run continuously so you can join at any time. Access begins the day after you’ve booked, when you will receive your login details by email.
Save with our cost-effective bundles
This course is also available as part of a convenient, cost-saving bundle – providing you with one year’s access to four complementary online resources.