Visiting the library in person
You can visit the library space in the Tavistock Centre, but please check our guidelines
Information and guidelines
- Opening times are Monday to Friday 9:30am to 4:30pm. Closed on bank holidays.
- Do not enter the library if you feel unwell and follow government and NHS guidance on infection control, such as regular hand washing.
- A clear screen is fitted around our enquiry desk to protect you as well as our staff.
- Hand sanitisers are available around the library so please use them, especially before and after touching equipment such as the computers and printers.
- We need to ensure that fresh air circulates around the library, which means we will need to keep some windows open at all times. Please make sure you bring some warm clothing to wear during cold spells.
- If you are returning items you have borrowed, please place these in the Book Returns container outside the library door and not at the enquiry desk. We don’t accept returns at the library reception desk.
- Please wipe the keypads on computers and printers before and after use with the cleansing wipes provided.
- If you require any assistance from the member of library staff on duty, please maintain social distancing as much as possible. Our staff will wear masks when assisting at printers and computers, and request that you wear a mask.
- Remember, we continue to provide postal loans for print-only items and a full online service to almost all of our resources.
- Non-member day visitors need to book an appointment in advance.
- These guidelines will be kept under review but please contact the library if you have any questions.